In the ever developing technological world it is fair to say that computers are now an integral part of everyday life. Therefore, it is essential that all our children are able to use technology effectively and safely, both online and off.
Throughout their time at Carterhatch, children have access to technology that helps engage and motivate them. There are i pads available in every class. Computing is a regular feature across the school, being used to develop specific computing skills and to support learning across the curriculum.
The National Curriculum for Computing aims for children to:
- Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise instructions.
- Create and debug simple programs.
- Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs.
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content.
- Recognise common uses of information technology beyond school.
- Use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private; identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other online technologies.